PosiTector Probe Attachments
PosiTector bodies accept all PosiTector probes easily converting from a coating thickness gage to a surface profile gage, dew point meter, soluble salt tester, hardness or ultrasonic thickness gage.
PosiTector 6000 (magnetic and eddy current coating thickness)
- Ferrous - Steel, Iron and other Magnetic Metals
- Non-Ferrous - Aluminum, Brass, Copper, Titanium, and other non-magnetic metals
- Combination - Ferrous AND Non-Ferrous Metals. Ideal for Stainless Steel
- 200 B - Polymer coating on wood, plastic, etc. 0.5 to 40 mils
- 200 C - Coatings on concrete, fiberglass, etc. 2 to 150 mils
- 200 D - Thick, soft coatings like polyurea, asphaltic neoprene, very thick polymers. 2 to 300 mils
- Digital depth micrometer measures and records peak to valley surface profile heights
- Alumina wear face and tungsten carbide tip for long life and continuous accuracy – field replaceable
- Fast measurement rate of over 50 readings per minute – ideal for quickly and accurately measuring large surfaces
Digital spring micrometers measure and record surface profile parameters using Testex Press-O-Film™ replica tape
Replica Tape Reader to Measure and Record 3D Surface Profile Parameters
PosiTector DPM (environmental/dew point meter)
- Measures and records climatic conditions including: Relative humidity, air temperature, surface temperature, dew point temperature, wind speed and difference between surface and dew point temperatures.
- Ideal for surface preparation as required by ISO 8502-4, BS 7079-B4, ASTM D3276, IMO PSPC, SSPC-PA7 and US Navy NSI 009-32
PosiTector IRT (infrared thermometer)
- Non-contact surface temperature measurement
- Button-activated laser pointer for accurate targeting
- Selectable emissivity values - choose from 7 preset material options, set a custom emissivity value, or adjust to a known temperature
- Statistics Scan mode - continually displays/updates average, standard deviation, min/max surface temperature and number of readings while measuring one reading per second
PosiTector UTG (ultrasonic wall thickness)
- Measures the wall thickness of materials such as steel, plastic and more using ultrasonic technology. Ideal for measuring the effects of corrosion or erosion on tanks, pipes or any structure where access is limited to one side. Multiple echo (UTG M) Thru-Paint models measure the metal thickness of a painted structure without having to remove the coating.
- Precision ultrasonic transducers provide fast, accurate readings
- Solvent, acid, oil, water, and dust resistant – weatherproof
- Pre-programmed velocities – Simply select from a list of common materials or enter your own with ease
- Min Scan - Measurement rate of up to 20 readings per second with onscreen min and max for quick inspection over a large area
PosiTector SST (soluble salt testing)
- Soluble Salt Tester for measuring the concentration of soluble salts on metal surfaces
- Measures the concentration of soluble salts (salt contamination) on metal surfaces in accordance with ISO 8502-6, 8502-9.
- Conductivity probe specifically designed for ISO 8502-6, 9
- Displays test duration, sample temperature, conductivity (µS/cm) and surface density (mg/m2 or µg/cm2)
- Easy 1-2-3 gage interface guides users through the Bresle test method
- Automatic storage of a background (blank) measurement — handy when performing multiple tests
PosiTector SHD (Shore hardness durometer)
Our PosiTector SHD Shore Hardness Durometer is available in both Shore A and Shore D scale to measure the indentation hardness of non-metallic materials.
PosiTector BHI (Barcol hardness impressor)
The new PosiTector BHI Barcol Hardness Impressor is ideal for measuring the indentation hardness of soft metals, harder plastics and fiber-reinforced plastics.